Buy It Once Products That Last A Lifetime:Introducing our As You Like It: Buy It Once Certification. These are toys that, with ordinary care and use, will last a lifetime. Toys that can safely last for your lifetime are beneficial to your sexuality, will save money over time, and promote a more eco-conscious way of shopping. No motorized toys will make the list, because after a certain period of use even the best made motorized toy can break. So, enjoy this (non-exhaustive) list of toys and companies we believe will serve you well as long as you want to use them.
- Crystal Delights: I am giving Crystal Delight’s entire glass adult toy line. These toys are exceptionally well crafted, and made from properly hardened Borosilicate Glass (often referred to as Pyrex®). The toys are hand-made in the United States. Most of their products feature real Swarovski Crystals in the base, accentuating and already gorgeous product. We are certifying their plugs, dildos, and dilator sets as “Buy It Once” products. Some of their toys come with fun, detachable tails which we are not certifying. This type of glass is exceptionally easy to maintain, difficult to break, and compatible with all lubricants. Crystal Delight moves to the top of my list because of their commitment to charity and giving back to the community.
- Njoy Toys: Njoy makes only solid metal toys and they don’t make a wide variety, because they don’t have to. Their toys are so well designed, when you pick one up you know you’re holding something special. The Pure Wand is infamous among toy connoisseurs. The toys are so smooth it feels like running your hand over butter. The products are solid stainless steel with no flaws in sight. Don’t be intimidated by metal, the toys fit amazingly in the body and the heft and weight runs from pleasant to incredible. This non-porous, easy to clean, durable beauties will not only last you a lifetime, it would be a challenge to break them without special tools.
- Aneros: This is another line of products I’m giving a rousing and universal stamp of “Buy It Once” to every toy they make. Aneros is known for their prostate stimulators, but recently introduced vaginal pelvic floor exerciser. The toys are either silicone or medical grade hard plastic. Ordinary use would not crack these toys. There are some lubricant exceptions: no silicone lubricant for the silicone toys and no oil based lubricants at all.
- Tantus Silicone: Tantus starting making high-quality, medical-grade silicone toys back in 1996 and they are still going strong. Their silicone is hardy, doesn’t degrade over time, and they have a huge variety from dildos to cock rings to plugs for you to peruse. All the silicone toys receive a “Buy It Once” certification from us. They have a range of products outside of silicone toys, and many of their toys come with small vibrators, none of these receive our stamp but many are good products.
- Fun Factory Silicone: Fun Factory manufactures their medical grade silicone in Germany, with excellent labor and pollution standards. They make fantastic motorized toys, but their solid silicone toys are the ones that receive our “Buy It Once” stamp. The silicone is textured to be velvet smooth even without lubricant, and has all the benefits of being high-grade silicone. Once again, silicone lubricant is a no go with these toys. With minimal upkeep, your solid silicone Fun Factory Toys will be with you for a lifetime.
- Laid Toys (from Norway): Laid makes non-porous stone toys from waste diverted materials and a line of solid silicone. I’ve gone over medical grade silicone exhaustively already, but this is the first stonework on the list. The stone is durable, works with any lubricant, and is in between in glass and metal in heft. Laid’s dildos and their plug top my list for design, I think the D.1 will go down in sex toy history, and their non-vibrating cock rings and slings will also last a lifetime.
Engage Your Lover with an Intimate Gift, Part 2 “Happiness is what sex is all about. Sex toys enhance one of the most playful and liberating parts of adult lives. For many women, a good vibrator can mean the difference between having orgasms and just wondering about them.” Sex Toys 101: A Playfully Uninhibited Guide,” Rachel Venning & Claire Cavanah. Read more
Engage Your Lover with an Intimate Gift Guide, Part 1 “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.” Rumi For those who celebrate gift-giving this time of year, you have an easy opportunity to deepen intimacy with a partner—or yourself, using sensual and erotic gifts as a springboard. Read more
“Erectile Dysfunction” (“ED”) is the common term for describing a man’s inability to achieve and/or retain an erection and sometimes is paired with lowered libido. That said most men over 50 experience a decline in erectile function, which is an entirely normal attribute of the aging process and the decline of testosterone. Unfortunately, our culture has convinced men that they are lacking if not equipped with a firm erection on demand and Big pharma would have us believe that a softer, less predictable erection is something that couples need to fix with drugs such as Viagra. Read more
Welcome to the third installment of our series on our favorite body safe and environmentally friendly toy materials. Today we’re talking about silicone. Read more
[Shown: The Delight by Fun Factory, designed to be a fantastic G-spot toy!]Where is the G-Spot? The G-Spot, also called the Gräfenberg spot for German gynecologist Dr. Ernst Gräfenberg who in 1944 claimed to have discovered it, is an erogenous zone located within the vagina. When stimulated, the G-Spot is said to produce high levels of sexual arousal and mind-blowing, even ejaculatory, orgasms. Read more
Welcome to the second installment of our series on our favorite body safe and environmentally friendly toy materials. Today we’re talking about glass. Read more
Here at As You Like It all of our toys are both body safe and environmentally friendly. Over the next couple of weeks we’ll be taking a look, one at a time, at some of our favorite toy materials. We’re going to kick off our toy material tour with the wonder that is wood Read more
What’s so great about masturbation? So, we here at As You Like It are big fans of masturbation and with good reason! Sure, it feels good but there’s so much more! We’ve put together this list of 5 reason we love about self-love- check it out!
What better way to learn about your body?Read more
Happy Anal August everyone! We’re always big fans of lube but when it comes to anal play it’s especially important. Why? First off, comfort- Lube makes everything feel better! Secondly, safety: The delicate skin of the rectum is much more prone to tearing than that of the vagina and even small tears leave you more susceptible to infection. So let’s take a look at some lubes that will help you engage in safe, comfortable anal play! Read more